Monday, June 27, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #808

I must have taken a wrong turn on my way to The New Yorker  Cartoon Caption Contest #808 from the issue of June 27, 2022. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Kaamran Hafeez.

"We missed Roswell because he won't ask directions."



These captions wouldn't fly:
"How many does yours sleep?"
"How many can you abduct?"
"By the time we arrived at the spaceport, this was all they had."
"No one on earth seems to notice."
"We have the most abductees."
"We can do the medical experiments on board."
"At least the Air Force isn't looking for US."
"You never could blend in."





July 9, 2022 Update:  The Finalists




July 22, 2022 Update:  I voted for the caption from Issaquah.


July 25, 2022 Update:
  The Winner





03999

No comments:

Post a Comment