Monday, January 6, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #692

Try on for size my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #692. The date is January 6, 2020. The drawing is by Mort Gerberg.
"I love it! Let me treat you to dinner."


These captions needed to be taken in:
"It's the proverbial perfect fit!"
"Does this outfit make my jaw look big?"



January 13, 2020 Update:  The Finalists


January 20, 2020 Update:
  I voted with Winchester, but I admire the fact that the caption from Arden is a vast improvement on my own effort.


January 27, 2020 Update:  The Winner



Note:  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist Paul Karasik knit quite the snowman story. Pack it in for Contest #691.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives
03129

No comments:

Post a Comment