Monday, June 11, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #619

Here is my Arthurian entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #619 for June 4, 2018. The drawing is by Mick Stevens.
"Have you heard about the new succession plan?"


These captions just didn't cut it:
"Pull out that sword for me and you can keep the desk."
"Forget pulling the sword. We need someone who can pull a fast one with the shareholders."
"No, it's not Excalibur. It's EBITDA."
"Have you ever seen Blockchain before?"
"The rules of corporate governance have changed."
"And this will be your desk."
"Care to try for CEO...in lieu of your bonus?"



June 18, 2018 Update: The Finalists




June 25, 2018 Update: I voted for the third caption.


July 2, 2018 Update:  Winning caption



Note:  Last time around, cartoonist Kaamran Hafeez showed us an unusual hunting trophy. My caption had a short, happy life. Go on safari to Contest #617.

Check out my posts on Mick Stevens when he's not in Camelot.

02572

No comments:

Post a Comment