Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for November/December 2015,

Here are my latest entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for November/December 2015. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz. The cartoon depicts an Orthodox Jewish married couple who are, shall we say, unusually close. I submitted two captions, the first of which I considered the better one.

"We were groomed for each other."
"Sometimes I wish he'd get out of my hair."


Well, the finalists have just been announced. A sheitel, incidentally, is a wig worn by a married Orthodox woman.
Moment Cartoon Caption Contest November/December 2015 Finalists


There's lots of Yiddish wordplay this time around, with the exception of my caption where the wordplay is strictly in English. This should be interesting.



April 7, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption
Moment Cartoon Caption Contest November/December 2015 Winning Caption

This is the fourth Moment contest I have won, which means I've met a major goal for the blog. The Mankoff Prophecy now has been fulfilled.


October 11, 2019 Update:  This cartoon appears in the new collection Have I Got a Cartoon for You!: The Moment Magazine Book of Jewish Cartoons on page 49 with the caption "I forgot my wig." This may be Benjamin Schwartz's original caption.


Note:  Maybe you've heard there's a big election coming up later this year. I hope my American readers are planning to exercise their Constitutional right to vote. Start practicing now by voting for your favorite caption in the November/ December contest. The deadline for voting is February 15. In November you're on your own.

By the way, why not enter the January/February contest yourself? Yep, it's a tricky one again!

Last time around, Moses had a high-tech announcement to make. See the winning caption from the September/October 2015 Contest.

Remember, Attempted Bloggery is your source for blog posts featuring the art of Benjamin Schwartz. Among other things.

I also like to do a lot of musing on caption contests. It's all in the archives.

01746

No comments:

Post a Comment