Friday, January 29, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #507

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #507 for January 25, 2016. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"I skipped breakfast. That's all I'm compensating for."


After that, would you believe these alternate captions weren't up to my high standards?
"I'm looking for a gallon of mustard."
"I forgot the sauerkraut."
"This has to hold me until the baseball season."
"I've been supersized."
"Well, I support G.M.O.'s"





February 1, 2016 Update:  The Finalists







February 22, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week Drew Dernavich gave us a chance to demonstrate our collective gallows humor. See the punchy results of Contest #506.

Do you like office humor on a bun? Then P. C. Vey is your guy.

Size gags? You know, they don't come in medium.

01758

No comments:

Post a Comment