Monday, January 18, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #506—Almost

This might have been my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #506 for January 18, 2016 if I'd remembered to submit it before the deadline. Instead I got a good night's sleep. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.


"I thought I'd have some fun with it."



I also had these captions under consideration:
"This is more family-friendly."
"They made us stop waterboarding."
"It's called enhanced interrogation."
"We're dumbing it down."
"It was the jester's idea."

"I used to be the court jester."
"I hate the sight of blood."
"This works better on social media."
"He committed a misdemeanor."
"My sponsor is Everlast."



January 25, 2016 Update: The Finalists





February 15, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week cartoonist Mick Stevens let the gator in. My caption was indigestible. Wrestle with the results of Contest #505.

Check out a few blog posts about Drew Dervavich, who is equally at home with the linoleum block or the chopping block.


01750

2 comments: