Friday, September 20, 2013

Sheldon Cooper's Twitter Milestone

I never thought I'd say this proudly, but....

Sheldon Cooper and I now have something in common! My Twitter account has reached 101 followers, so I can boast that I've achieved the same exalted milestone as the most socially inept character on television's "The Big Bang Theory." One might even be tempted to say, "Ooh, 101! Air's gettin' a bit thin up here!"

One-hundred one Twitter followers! Zero dalmatians.


Of course, the number of one's Twitter followers is not exactly a scientific measure of popularity or indeed of anything in particular. Many Twitter users follow you not out of any keen interest, but rather out of a desire to have you follow them in return. What's the point of all that? To date I have followed 484 others on Twitter, mostly, but not entirely, out of genuine interest. Some of the mutual following that goes on is part of a polite give-and-take. This exchange is a quirky social media convention Sheldon Cooper would surely never be a party to, and that alone makes his tally of 101 Twitter followers considerably more impressive than mine.

"The Big Bang Theory"
Season 5, Episode 12
Sheldon and Amy's Date Night 
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler
Kaley Cuoco as Penny


July 18, 2014 Update: I now have 200 Twitter followers. I still don't get it.


Note:  My Twitter account was created mainly to promote this blog, although today I use it for other noble purposes as well. You can follow me on Twitter here. In fact, more people choose to follow me on Twitter than on this blog, almost five times as many. Make of that what you will. I myself haven't quite figured it all out.

If you care to, you can also follow me on Instagram here. Instagram is still new to me, but at this time I am not using it consistently for any blog-related activity. Generally, I share my Instagram photos on Twitter anyway. Is this at all confusing?

You can catch up with my few blog posts on the subject of various social media here.

0886

No comments:

Post a Comment