Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #396,

Here is my latest entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest for September 23, 2013. The cartoon is provided by Joseph Farris. The caption is provided by me.

"There goes my view of the obelisk!"





Here are a few other captions I also considered:
"But next week's trip to Easter Island is nonrefundable!"
"Stop staring at me!"
"But it's way too soon for the Bloomberg Monument!"


September 30, 2013 Update:  The Finalists


October 14, 2013 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Boom! See my previous entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest here.

Speaking of caption contests, I am at this very moment a finalist in Moment magazine's Cartoon Caption Contest. Voting closes October 10, so there's still plenty of time for you to vote for your favorite entry! Find out what really goes on in the animal research lab here.

Joseph Farris's website is here.

You can see a smattering of Joseph Farris's New Yorker work in the Cartoon Bank here.

News about Joseph Farris has been featured on Ink Spill here.

0892

No comments:

Post a Comment