Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #85

The file name for the Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #85 cartoon reads Death Threats Department, not that that really helps with the captioning. My entries are shown below. The drawing is by Maddie Dai.
"Ready for your stress test?"
"You can designate any beneficiary, even me."
"Your job is the easiest: scrawling the condolence cards."
"You'll be replacing Jerry, who we're saying had a bum ticker."
"Let's try your hand at ransom notes."
"So how are you at messaging?"




August 5, 2020 Update:  The Winner

In his caption contest commentary this week, seven-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood mentions one of my captions first:
https://more.cartooncollections.com/easy-money-caption-contest-commentary/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Caption+Contest+and+a++Thursday+s+Out++Homage&utm_campaign=Contest+8%2F05+Ehlers+Non-Customers&vgo_ee=e9FQoNFd7oYF6%2FlPg0DPrXwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk%3D

So for you folks keeping score at home, after scrutinizing eighty-five contests Lawrence Wood has mentioned at least one of my entries in eleven of them, yet I have never made it into the top three. My entries may not be funny, but they are worthy of discussion.



Note:  This is Maddie Dai's first appearance on the blog. I know, I can't believe it either.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:



03334

No comments:

Post a Comment