Monday, July 27, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #718

Come take a ride with my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #718 for July 27, 2020. The drawing is by Michael Maslin.
"I thought today we'd just loaf around."




These captions didn't have enough horsepower.
"Which color is supposed to be lucky?"
"Of course they're supposed to match."
"We don't ride together unless we match."



August 10, 2020 Update:  The Finalists



August 17, 2020 Update:  I voted with Santa Barbara, because horses don't have feet and these shoes don't have laces. My caption made clear I believe they're loafers.


August 24, 2020 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Lonnie Millsap showed us that apartment life could be something of a zoo. My caption just didn't reach high enough. See what was up with Contest #717.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment