Tuesday, July 23, 2019

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Summer 2019

I went overboard with my entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Summer 2019. Summer? What should have been the May/June issue is now a "Special Summer Double Issue" covering May through August. That can't be good news. This issue's cartoon is based on the Book of Jonah. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"No one will ever believe this. I'll just say the whale vomited me out."
"Arrivederci, Geppetto!"
"Surf time! Who's in?"
"That settles it! They're telling my story on a fast day."
"Best whale watch ever!"
"The Jew abides!"
"This is more than a fluke!"
"Whales have uvulas? Who knew?"
"I say cowabunga with chutzpah!"
"Arrivederci, Pinocchio!"
"Make way for the prophet of cool!"
"Gesundheit!"
"Hasta la vista, baby beluga!"
"Some just can't take a ribbing!"




October 6, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


October 15, 2019 Update:  I voted with Colorado Springs.


November 10, 2019 Update:  The Winner





Note:  Whales do not have uvulas.

Last year's Moment profile of some of the Caption Contest contestants may be read here.




Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment