Monday, July 22, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #670

Saddle up for my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #670 dated July 22, 2019. The drawing is by Brooke Bourgeois.
"I feel ridiculous without my lance."



These captions needed a white knight:
"I've outgrown just knee pads."
"It was either this or go back to training wheels."
"It's included with Citi Bike."



July 29, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


August 12, 2019 Update:  I like them all but I voted with Malibu.


August 19, 2019 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  Last time around, cartoonist John Klossner showed us a little stand-up routine in the nursery. My caption was strictly off-mike. Check out Contest #669.

This marks Brooke Bourgeois's first appearance on this blog. It's all downhill from here.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:


Bicycles


The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest

The Moment Magazine Cartoon Caption Contest

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest

All the Above Cartoon Caption Contests and Even More

Attempted Bloggery's Unbalanced Index

02988

No comments:

Post a Comment