Monday, May 27, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #664

All rise for my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #664 of May 27, 2019. The drawing is by Pat Achilles.
"Any more misdirection and I'll misdirect the jury."


These captions weren't legally binding:

"'Man-about-town' is not a plea."
"In fact, close-up magic would NOT please the Court."
"I will not tolerate misdirection during redirect."
"Can you guess the sentence I'm thinking of?"


June 3, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



June 17, 2019 Update:
  I voted with Arden.


June 24, 2019 Update:  The Winner


Note:  Last week cartoonist Drew Panckeri
showed us what's inside the pizza box. Grab a slice of Contest #663.

This is the first appearance of Pat Achilles on Attempted Bloggery. So as of today she's the very first name in my blog index.

02938

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention, and putting my name in your archive! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, Pat Achilles, for being the first New Yorker cartoonist to leave a comment on my blog!

      Delete