Monday, February 11, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #650

Wrap yourself around my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #650 for February 11, 2019. The drawing is by Sofia Warren.
"Actually, it's not covered by anyone's insurance."


These captions weren't medically necessary:
"Why didn't you come to me sooner."
"Before I can say for sure, let's order some tests."
"This is serious. We can't do an EKG."
"I'm afraid the tests are inconclusive."
"You seem unusually tight-lipped."
"Relax. It's rubber."
"I think I found the constriction."
"No, before today I never met a snake trainer."
"Can you describe the tightness when you breathe?"
"Okay, so none of your friends thought you could manage a pet store. Then what?"
"Really? On a plane?"



February 25, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


March 4, 2019 Update:  I went with the second caption. There wasn't much of a choice here.


March 11, 2019 Update:  The Winner




Note: Last week cartoonist Mick Stevens dropped sixteen tons on a psychiatrist's couch. My caption wasn't sufficiently weighty. Grab your notebook and head over to Contest #649.

This is Sofia Warren's first appearance on Attempted Bloggery.


02832

No comments:

Post a Comment