Monday, November 12, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #639

Here is my fairy-tale entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #639 for November 12, 2018. The drawing is by Michael Maslin.

"My do or yours?"



These alternative captions had a bad hair day:
"Two can play this game."
"Did I apply too much product?"
"Come on down!"
"Rapunzel, how would you like to become the next Madame de Pompadour?"



November 19, 2018 Update:  The Finalists




December 3,2018 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


December 10, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Farley Katz put a couple of drones to good use. My caption didn't prove as uplifting as I'd hoped. Rise up to Contest #638.

Then brush up on my old blog posts about Michael Maslin.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

  
02736

No comments:

Post a Comment