Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lunch at the Brazen Head

Founded in 1198, the Brazen Head is Ireland's oldest pub, and it's where I had my first meal after arriving in the country. I also had my first beer of the trip there, perhaps not the brightest idea after a sleepless night of transatlantic travel.

The Brazen Head, Ireland's oldest pub, founded in 1198

A pint of Kilkenny, a remarkably smooth brew

Grilled fillet of salmon showing the colors of the Irish flag

Wherever I go, something reminds me of home.

Display barrel


Note:  That Kilkenny's was not my final beer of the day. Check tomorrow's post to see what I drank next. I bet you can guess already.

Attempted Bloggery's quick links:

Jack Davis (1924-2016)

Ireland
Attempted Bloggery's worldly index

01930

No comments:

Post a Comment