Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #467

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #467 for March 23, 2015. The drawing is by Paul Noth.


"I told him no way you're flying south without me."

Here are some other working captions I considered:
"He wanted some time to himself."
"Don't say your father won't go out on a limb for you."
"He went from early bird to jailbird."
"'Free as a bird' is just an expression."
"Four more months with time off for good behavior."
"I never told him I have the key."
"It's more work for me, but at least I know where he  is."
"He never liked catching the worm anyway."
"Now does anyone else need a time-out?"


March 30, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



April 13, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week, Drew Dernavich held a meeting under the table. My caption was a bit too close for comfort. See the undermanned outcome of Contest #466.

Check out my other blog posts about Paul Noth.

01475

No comments:

Post a Comment