Saturday, March 21, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #466

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #466 for March 16, 2015. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.

"That was my daughter's school.  She has lice."


Oh, wait a minute. The caption is supposed to be funny. These didn't work either:
"Tomkins, get a leg up!"
"I foresee a problem when lunch arrives."
"You mean not one of us brought down a notepad?"
"Or we could have called for some chairs."
"Now let's put our heads together."
"I still don't see how this will help us against China."
"No, it definitely isn't Biedermeier."
"Can't anyone find the muffler?"


March 23, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



April 6, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week, P. C. Vey took us to the office from hell. My caption was too little John Milton, too much Neville Shute. See the underwhelming results of Contest #465.

01467

No comments:

Post a Comment