Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #465

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #465 for March 9, 2015. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"What I meant by Down Under was our Sydney branch."

Here are some other captions I considered:
"I can take the wrath of hell. It's the critics I can't stand."
"I see you're putting the new recruits through hell."
"If it's not the damn interns, it's the damn sub-interns."
"I thought we paved this hallway with good intentions."
"Why is it always the advertising department?"
"Call me an alarmist but I don't like the looks of this."
"Not a word of this to the shareholders."


March 16, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



March 30, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption


Note:  In last week's contest, Liam Francis Walsh proved that the magic has not gone out of cartooning. My caption was simply the wrong shade of grey. See the unbounded results of Contest #464.

See more cartoon caption contests by P. C. Vey in the blog archives.

01459

No comments:

Post a Comment