Friday, October 3, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #444

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #444 for September 29, 2014. The drawing is by Carolita Johnson.

"No one cares if you can swim with the trout."


Here are a few other caption attempts I had to cut bait on:
"We always throw the salesmen back in."
"This is why you don't use coffee as bait."
"Sorry, we don't need another consultant."
"Sure it's cute, but why can't your brother get a real job?"
"Now check his pockets for trout."
"Damn. He hasn't lured a single shark."


October 6, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



October 20, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  In last week's contest, Charlie Hankin went bowling with a wrecking ball. My caption came right back through the ball return, but at least I didn't try to make any Miley Cyrus jokes. See the spin on Contest #443.

My last blog post featuring Carolita Johnson may be seen here.

I'm currently a finalist in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest. See my blog post on the contest and vote for your favorite caption by October 10.

01299

No comments:

Post a Comment