Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #447

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #447 for October 20, 2014. The drawing is by Victoria Roberts.

"We could all use a belly rub, Doctor."


These captions never made it off the couch:
"My wife says this is the best hour of her week."
"I'm the only one who accepts his animal nature."



October 27, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



November 10, 2014:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist P. C. Vey took us into an unusual do-it-yourself restaurant. My caption came out a bit overdone. See the unpalatable results of Contest #446.

As it happens, Victoria Roberts drew the cartoon for Contest #375, the very first New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest I ever entered. That was a year and a half ago, and I still can't write psychiatrist gags.

01317

No comments:

Post a Comment