Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #412

Here is my entry for the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #412 for January 20, 2014. The desert island cartoon is by Tom Cheney and the caption is by me.

"I'll show you my act if you'll show me yours."

January 27, 2014 Update:  The Finalists


February 10, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week's New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest juxtaposed royal and business elements and was open to a variety of approaches. See it here.

The other day, the winner of the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #391 left a comment on this blog, another first. Read it here.

Earlier posts about cartoonist Tom Cheney may be seen here. I've had an inordinate amount of trouble with his caption contests in the past. Go ahead, take a look if you must.

See more of Tom Cheney's New Yorker work in the Cartoon Bank here.

News about cartoonist Tom Cheney may be found on Ink Spill here.

Well, if this desert island entry can't impress the editors of the New Yorker's caption contest, then I'm not sure I'll ever have what it takes. On the other hand, I am currently a finalist in the less rigorous Moment Cartoon Caption Contest. Read all about my third time as a Moment finalist here. Then vote for your favorite caption entry here.

Finally, castaways, the handful of desert island cartoons on this blog may be seen here.

01026

No comments:

Post a Comment