Friday, January 3, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #409

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #409 for December 23, 2013. The cartoon you can't refuse is by Mike Twohy. The caption is all mine.

"Right off, I can think of three good reasons not to mention this to the boss."


Here are a few other caption ideas I did not submit:
"OK, maybe this wasn't the time to try out the rocket-propelled cement shoes."
"It's become very hard to teach David Blaine a lesson."
"How does this sound? 'During the struggle I lost my Google Glass in the river.'"

January 6, 2014 Update:  The Finalists

January 20, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Was my previous entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest comic gold or was it kryptonite? See it here.

See Mike Twohy's New Yorker cartoons at the Condé Nast Store here.

News on Ink Spill about cartoonist Mike Twohy may be seen here.

See Mike Twohy's children's books at Simon & Schuster here.


Mike Twohy Talks Cartoons:
Poindexter Makes a Friend

01002

No comments:

Post a Comment