Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #457

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #457 for January 5, 2015. The drawing is by Frank Cotham.

"Your prospects are no better here than in the Democratic Party."


This started out in slightly different form:
"You came here because there's no future in the Democratic Party?"

Maybe I should have taken a different tack:
"Is it your first day?"
"You big shots are always taking the aisle seats."
"The whips go right through Armani"
"No kidding?  I was at Peabody the last time they cleaned house."
"And how goes the insider trading these days?"




January 12, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



January 26, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  In the last contest Michael Maslin sent a public speaker to bed, podium and all. My caption needed a good speechwriter. See the unscripted outcome of Contest #456.

You're in luck! There are a few earlier cartoon caption contests here also with drawings by Frank Cotham.

01393

2 comments:

  1. I could still kick myself for missing the entry deadline on that one. My caption would have been
    "Didn't they tell you about our 'Casual Fridays'?"

    ReplyDelete