Friday, January 30, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #460

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #460 for January 26, 2015. The drawing is by Tom Toro.

"Doesn't anyone have something original to say?"


A little birdie also whispered these captions in my ear:
"I am not going to repeat myself."
"Now then, who can tell me what I just said?"
"Who would like to recite the minutes of our last meeting?"
"Tell me something I haven't heard."
"We need a new message."


February 2, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



February 16, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week's cartoon by Liza Donnelly inspired me to pull up a chair at the Algonquin Round Table and show off my captioning skills. Then Dorothy Parker spilled soup in my lap. See the viciously circular outcome of Contest #459.

Tom Toro has appeared on this blog in an earlier caption contest. No, I didn't win that one either. Thanks for asking.

There's still time to prepare for the Super Bowl. All you need is some beer, nachos, and a handy link to this blog's football posts.

01414

No comments:

Post a Comment