Friday, January 23, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #459

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #459 for January 19, 2015. The drawing is by Liza Donnelly.


"I'm afraid I'm not up to the conversation."


Here are a few other captions I wrote that also weren't up to the conversation:
"So I'm not brave enough for Camelot or witty enough for the Algonquin?"
"Oh, it's witty all right, but it's not Algonquin witty."
"I see the network has tabled your talk show."
"I will not be a part of your circular reasoning."
"I'm going to have to lower your expectations."


January 26, 2015 Update: The Finalists



February 9, 2015 Update: Winning Caption



Note: In last week's contest, Paul Noth's Sphinx paid a visit to an executive's office. My caption was something out of a Greek tragedy. See the unanswerable outcome of Contest #458.


What a coincidence! There are other posts on this blog about Liza Donnelly.

01406

No comments:

Post a Comment