Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #456

Here once again is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #456 for December 29, 2014. The drawing is by Michael Maslin.
"You were pontificating in your sleep."



So, this a married couple, right? My earliest captions assumed they were not:
"Of course you can count on my support in 2016, Senator."
"I find your argument to be persuasive."
"It's all right if you want to depart from your prepared text now."


Then again, perhaps I should have tried something more pointed than pontificating:
"You were denying any wrongdoing in your sleep."



January 5, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



January 19, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  In last week's contest David Borchart took us to a shootout in a psychiatrist's office. My caption had issues. See the unresolved outcome of Contest #455.

Michael Maslin? Wasn't there already a drawing of his here on New Year's Day?

01388

No comments:

Post a Comment