Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #407

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #407 for December 9, 2013. The cartoon is by Mick Stevens. The caption is by me.

"The creative types and Brandon prefer this to the ball pit."



December 16, 2013 Update:  The Finalists


January 6, 2014:  Winning Caption



Note:  My last unsuccessful entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest is here. It's actually not too far off from one of the finalists, sort of. I guess I should have gone with a Gilligan joke.

Despite my dismal track record in the New Yorker's contest, I am currently a finalist in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest. You can read all about this minor triumph here and vote for a favorite caption here, but hurry. There's not much time left. In fact, today is the deadline.

Mick Stevens is featured on the blog in another even more primitive Cartoon Caption Contest here. He also appears rather briefly in my essential blog posts on The Best of the Rejection Collection Event here where he inscribed my copy of the book and on New Yorker Cartoons at Auction here where he dodged a bullet.

The cartoonist's website is here. His post on "The State of Our Art" from two years ago is still worth a look here. With any luck, he wasn't referring to me.

Mick Stevens's New Yorker work appears in the Cartoon Bank here.

News about Mick Stevens appears on Ink Spill here. (Oh, and by the way my Sunday post was mentioned on the site here.)

0977

No comments:

Post a Comment