Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #408

Here is my latest entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #408 for December 16, 2013. The super cartoon is supplied by J. C. Duffy while the mild-mannered caption is supplied by me.

"Not to worry, Clark. Your secret is safe with Dr. Lex Luthor."



I had yet another caption idea, one that I did not submit:
"You can't fool me, Jimmy Olsen!"

December 30, 2013 Update:  The Finalists

January 13, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  My previous entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest was, I thought, one of my better efforts, not that that's saying much, and if the magazine should ever decide to compile a collection of my failed contest entries, I'd like them to give it the title The Creative Types and Brandon. Check out my latest thwarted attempt to distinguish myself from the other grains of sand in the caption contest sandbox here.

A few earlier blog posts about the New Yorker art of J. C. Duffy may be seen here.

J. C. Duffy's official website can be found here and Night Deposits, his daily blog, is located here. That's right, someone else writes a daily blog!

View Mr. Duffy's New Yorker work in the Condé Nast Store here.

Cartoonist news about J. C. Duffy may be found on Ink Spill here.

By the way, the Man of Steel has appeared on this blog here in an early post of mine about Action Comics No. 1 and here in a post about New York is Book Country poster art. He gets around.

Plenty of seasonal Christmas posts from the archives of Attempted Bloggery await you here. Fa la la la la, la la la la.

0985

No comments:

Post a Comment