Friday, January 27, 2023

Sight Unseen: Number One is Walking by Steve Martin and Harry Bliss

My purchase of a doubly-signed copy of Number One is Walking: My Life in the Movies and Other Diversions was not informed by an image of the signatures of author Steve Martin and artist Harry Bliss, so it qualifies here as a Sight Unseen post. Nevertheless, those signed copies I had seen generally looked the same, so there wasn't a lot of suspense. The comedian and the cartoonist have been collaborating for a few years now on single panel cartoons which get submitted to The New Yorker. The rejected ones get published in the newspaper panel strip Bliss. The book includes a generous selection of their cartoons. 


Steve Martin and Harry Bliss
AbeBooks listing accessed December 12, 2022

This copy has what I believe to be a specially printed signature page signed by both Martin and Bliss prior to its being bound into the book. The number of such signed pages is not known to me, but I suspect it is significant.







04112

No comments:

Post a Comment