Monday, January 9, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #833

This week, I diagnosed The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #833 from the issue of January 2 and 9, 2022. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by J. C. Duffy.

"I never see patients remotely."




These captions were too off the wall:
"What is your concern, Mr. Ames?"
"Yes, I'm THAT good."
"I prefer an upright exam table."
"The young doctors are bright enough, but what you want is experience."
"You're in luck. I've just been to the eye doctor."
"Don't make me repeat myself."
"Why haven't you signed the consent form?"
"Now let's see how that Xanax we gave you is working."
"The Hippocratic what?"
"I call it targeted therapy."
"Oh, and don't move."
"Isn't it ironic that we're blood brothers?"
"Enough with the dry run."
"I got my degree from Stumpy's Hatchet House."
"I was feeling a bit off-center, but I'm better now."
"I haven't hit my performance target either."
"Today, I'm feeling on point."
"I suck at a
ssisted suicide."





January 16, 2023 Update:  The Finalists


 


January 27, 2023 Update:  I voted for the caption from North Haven.



February 4, 2023 Update:
  The
Winner








04194

No comments:

Post a Comment