Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The CartoonStock Caption Contest #160

Some might say I'm not fit enough to enter the CartoonStock Caption Contest #160, but all it really takes is a credit card. Here's how the contest works: Three entries cost $5. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of the five runners up. As of this writing, I've invested $30 in this my sixth contest, with no success whatsoever to report in the first five. My three entries are shown below at the top of the list; the lower captions were considered but not entered. The drawing is unsigned, but I'm going to guess it's by Jeremy Nguyen.


"My housekeeper hates me."
"I don't date."
"Mostly I sleep at my desk."
***
"I can't go to bed drunk."
"I always go to bed sober."
"I avoid fluids after 8."
"I'm looking for a twice-a-day spotter."
"My girlfriend wanted more excitement."
"My housekeepers keep leaving me."
"My housekeeper keeps charging me more."
"In the back, there's a slide."
"My dates have to pass a fitness test."
"I wear sneakers to bed."
"I believe in the reward system."
"I date only Division 1 athletes."
"I'm going to put in an elevator."
"It seemed like a good idea."
"That's just for show. I have a sleeping bag."




November 26, 2022 Update:  The Winner



There is some icing on the cake as well. Eight-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood included all three of my captions in his commentary, a first:

To update the accounting, I am now $70 ahead on this contest so at last I'm playing with the house's money.




04139

No comments:

Post a Comment