Monday, November 21, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #828

I took a few extra strokes in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #828 from the issue of November 21, 2022. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Harry Bliss.


"I'm stuck with a bogey."





These captions were under par:

"Why must it always happen on the eighteenth hole?"
"If I sink the putt, will I get vaporized?"
"I'm distinctly hearing a putt-putt."
"This is not as bad as the windmill."
"Would you mind rolling this into the lake."
"First, how about a round of frisbee?"
"Since we don't have a leader, let's take it to the clubhouse."
"Is this one of your damn drones?"
"If they're so smart, why don't they land in a sandtrap?"
"It's time to update the rulebook."





November 28, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





December 10, 2022 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Glen Rock.



December 12, 2022 Update:  The Winner







04145

No comments:

Post a Comment