Monday, September 19, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #819

There's a bit of color in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #819 from the issue of September 19, 2022? My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Michael Shaw.

"No way I'm wearing those robes."




There was no salvation for these captions:
"But I heard they don't wear plaid."
"How about a do-over?"
"This IS who I am."
"You know, fashion evolves over two millennia."
"This place could use a fashion upgrade."
"Don't you get GQ here?"
"As you can see, I've lived well."
"They do call it the best revenge."





September 26, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





October 7, 2022 Update:  I voted from the caption from New York City. It feels good to say that.


October 11, 2022 Update:  The Winner




04082

No comments:

Post a Comment