Monday, March 28, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #796

This week, my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #796 from the issue of March 28, 2022 came right back up the ball return. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Lonnie Millsap.

"But the sale is only once a year."



These captions couldn't stay out of the gutter:
"May I borrow some pins."
"We should have stayed in our lane."
"This still doesn't feel like a lovers' lane."
"Let's start when the downstairs neighbors go to sleep?"
"Maybe we should have read the rules."
"Or we could try collecting stamps."





April 10, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





April 17, 2022 Update:  I voted for the caption from Fredericksburg.



April 18, 2022 Update:
  The Winner







03918

No comments:

Post a Comment