Tuesday, April 28, 2020

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Spring 2020

Moment magazine seems to be going from bimonthly to quarterly, not an encouraging sign for the viability of print. What's more, that represents a potential loss of two caption contests per annum. My entries for the spring contest are below. There are ten submissions, or one for each Commandment. The graven image is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"Have Your Chosen People call Rocco, my Chosen Person."
"How much will it take for You to reconsider the Sixth Commandment?"
"Surely this town has some sinner that deserves a bit of roughing up."
"Why must You give my mother's veal parmigiana a bad name?"
"This town isn't big enough for the three of us."

"You'll never be worshipped in this town again."
"For once, spare me the holier-than-thou attitude."
"Hey, You, get Hoffa my cloud!"
"Yeah? Well, I come from the shul of hard knocks."
"Take all the world, but Delancey Street is mine."




June 9, 2020 Update:  The Finalists




October 25, 2020 Update:  The Winner


No comments:

Post a Comment