Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #72


"Hermit Divorce," so the file name tells us, is the topic of the Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #72. My attempts are below. The drawing is by Jon Adams.
"Don't tell me you're going to that Unabomber."
"We'll get plumbing if it's so damn important to you."
"Check your cell. Any bars yet?"
"I suppose you'll tell your mother she was right."
"We had a deal. No lawyers."
"One more step and I won't take you back."


May 6, 2020 Update:  The Winner
In his Caption Contest Commentary, seven-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood mentions one of my captions! This is the seventh time, by my reckoning, that the seven-time winner has mentioned one of my captions. Apparently, my captions are more useful as object-lessons than winners:
https://more.cartooncollections.com/tiny-house-caption-contest-commentary-with-lawrence-wood/




Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

03243

No comments:

Post a Comment