Sunday, April 19, 2020

Letters from Charles Barsotti to Douglas Maxwell

In 1985 letters to Douglas Maxwell, his "great and famous friend," cartoonist Charles Barsotti discusses how he might illustrate "ideas, people, etc." and specifically "the creative mind." He demonstrates "my New Yorker style" adding "but I do some wilder stuff." He also mentions Great Britain's famous humor magazine: "Do keep an eye on Punch—I never know what's going to run when, but I think some stuff will be coming up that's a bit different from what you've seen." The letters are offered for sale by Roe and Moore of London at 65 British pounds.

Charles Barsotti
AbeBooks Listing Accessed February 29, 2020



Note:  I believe the recipient of these letters is psychologist Douglas F. Maxwell. They are unsold at the time of this posting.

I don't know whether the project envisioned here ever came to fruition. I confess I am unfamiliar with Charles Barsotti's "wilder stuff" or even his work for Punch. Feel free to help me out.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment