Monday, March 9, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #700

Take a dose of my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #700 for March 9, 2020. The drawing is by Kaamran Hafeez.

"Your insurance doesn't cover mythological conditions."



These captions I'm even less proud of:
"I'm afraid I can only fill half your prescription."
"Your insurance only covers half."
"How do I know your condition is preexisting?"
"Do you think you can swallow these horse pills?"
"Do you prefer horse pills or horse suppositories?"
"These will have you prancing about in no time."
"Should I call your doctor or your veterinarian?"



March 16, 2020 Update:  The Finalists



March 23, 2020 Update:  I voted with Brooklyn.


March 30, 2020 Update:
  The Winner



Note:
  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist Benjamin Schwartz
 gave us a psychoanalyst seeing patients stacked triple decker. Unfortunately, my caption lacked triple insight. Still, maybe you'll find the answers to life's questions in Contest #699.




Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment