Monday, March 23, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #702

Just in time for the closing of all the hair salons and barber shops in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, I humbly present my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #702 for March 23, 2020. The drawing is by Drew Panckeri.
"Don't take anything off the top."


These captions were a cut or two below the rest:
"Do you clip wings?"
"How did you know I live alone."
"Are you experiencing any symptoms of bird flu?"
"Relax. I just want a shave."
"Can your sink double as a bird bath?"


March 30, 2020 Update:  The Finalists


April 6, 2020 Update:
  I voted with LA.



April 13, 2020 Update:  The Winner




Note:  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist Mort Gerberg took us to a restaurant where a mouse was ordering from the menu. I just couldn't "eek" out a good caption. (Ouch!) Still, if you would just help me climb down off the chair, then we can both take a deep breath and enjoy Contest #701. 


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment