Monday, March 30, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #703

My entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #703 for March 30, 2020 should provide some food for thought. The drawing is by Jon Adams.
"Actually, those aren't genuine tears."


These captions weren't sharp enough:
"Promise me you won't let any of that bowl go to waste."
"Will you be staying for the dinner theater reenactment of 'Live and Let Die?'"
"Don't feed the drama queen."
"'See you later, Erica' just doesn't have the same rhythm."



April 6, 2020 Update:  The Finalists


April 13, 2020 Update:
  
I neglected to vote, but I'm sure I would have gone with Woodbury.


April 20, 2020 Update:   The Winner



Note:  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist Drew Panckeri took us to a barber shop where the customer had some nesting issues. My caption's style was so last year. Make an appointment to see Contest #702 and dream about the day we can all return to the beauty salon.

This is Jon Adams's first appearance on Attempted Bloggery. All that hard work, Jon, only to end up here.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment