Monday, March 11, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #653

Dig into my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #653 for March 11, 2019. The drawing is by Felipe Galindo.

"The soup isn't exactly blowing me away."


These captions didn't make the Michelin Guide:
"Do you still think climate change is a hoax?"
"Send it back. This is barely an F-3."
"On second thought, I would like those oyster crackers."
"Blow on it yourself."
"Waiter, there's a no-fly zone in my soup."
"I ordered the sharknado."
"Retrieve my hairpiece at once."



March18, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


March 25, 2019 Update:  I voted for the middle caption.


April 1, 2019 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Harry Bliss brought a giant mosquito to a cocktail party. My caption must have been feverish. Don't get bitten by Contest #652.


02860

No comments:

Post a Comment