Monday, April 30, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #614

You can tap your feet to my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #614 for April 30, 2018. The drawing is by Julia Suits.
"What do you mean you haven't practiced?"



These captions were just a little out of tune:
"Play something uplifting."
"You must be Sam. Play it again."
"I seek the keys."
"Any idea what you've missed out there?"
"You called for a piano mover?"
"Do you know anything meditative?"
"You ordered a candelabra?"
"Would it be appropriate to start with some ascending scales?"
"It's a duet all right, but I wrote it for two pianos."



May 7, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


May 14, 2018 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


May 21, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note: Last week cartoonist Pia Guerra made it pretty rough in the interrogation room. Even my caption needed a lawyer. Fess up to Contest #613.

There simply isn't enough about Julia Suits in the blog archives.

02530

No comments:

Post a Comment