Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #510

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #510 for February 22, 2016. The drawing is by David Borchart.

"My life coach says to stay grounded and keep dreaming!"



These alternative caption attempts never got off the ground:
"Gather ye rosebuds, people!"
"I say hit the pavement hard and never stop dreaming."
"What happened to your dreams, people?"
"Let me tell you how I make a fortune while I sleep."




February 29, 2016 Update:  The Finalists





March 14, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption





Note:  Last week Michael Crawford took us upstream to spawn. Naturally I quoted Gloria Steinem. See the unbearable outcome of Contest #509.

Rise and shine to see more of David Borchart's caption contest cartoons.

01785

No comments:

Post a Comment