Saturday, August 1, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #483

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #483 for July 27, 2015. The drawing is by Carolita Johnson.
"In your case, it isn't a God complex."


Heaven help me, I also considered this:
"You've got to let that whole Garden of Eden thing go."



August 3, 2015 Update: The Finalists




August 24, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  In last week's contest, P. C. Vey showed us some modern wearable technology. Look, I'm not talking Apple Watch; I'm talking jet pack. It seems my caption didn't go far enough. See the rising results of Contest #482.

Carolita Johnson has been spotted on this blog before...

01593

4 comments:

  1. My losing entry, which I thought wasn't bad: "You're suffering from realities of grandeur."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That pool hall gag was tough. I have now published my entry, which was the best I could do.

      Delete