Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Goodyear Blimp

As a young boy, I was always excited to see the Goodyear blimp from my window as it floated towards and away from Flushing Airport. Even then, I felt extremely privileged to have such a superb vantage point. I also had the Manhattan skyline to enjoy and I knew that was quite special. The Flushing Airport was closed in 1984, but I had moved to the suburbs long before then.

This Kodachrome slide of the blimp is from the 1960's and shows an airfield in a warmer location with palm trees. The original image is from a listing on eBay. While I wasn't paying attention, it apparently became very easy to make digital images from slides. That's a good thing to know, right?

The Goodyear Blimp
Kodachrome Slide
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262-Orig-Vintage-Slide-1960s-shot-of-the-Goodyear-Blimp-Kodachrome-/300891829140?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item460e8cf394

0745

No comments:

Post a Comment