Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Fortune Cookie for the Class of 2013

I would ask this year's graduating class to please take note of the following timely fortune cookie:


"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Also, the Class of 2013 should feel free to be further inspired by these YouTube videos.
Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1
("Land of Hope and Glory")
(Last Night of the Proms 2012)

Fountains of Wayne
"Prom Theme"

July 21, 2013 Update:  The fortune cookie quotation apparently has been around for a while, but I hadn't seen it before. I learned that it is often attributed to Gandhi, but this is what Brian Morton had to say in the New York Times of August 29, 2011:
Starting from the fourth paragraph:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/opinion/falser-words-were-never-spoken.html?_r=0



So I apologize to the Class of 2013 for dispensing hackneyed advice from a bumper sticker. In my defense, I thought it came from a fortune cookie.

 0756

No comments:

Post a Comment