Sunday, September 3, 2023

MDLinx Comic Consult #9

Since March my wife has been sending me links to the MDLinx Comic Consult and I, quite naturally, have been ignoring them. This is a caption contest open only to the MDLinx medical community, those who, like me, are in possession of NPI numbers. As it happens, medical jargon is not at all frowned upon in this contest—again, not a problem. Prizes are a $100 Amazon gift card for first place, and four $50 gift cards for up to four runners up. I was somewhat repulsed by cartoon #9, but I decided to try my hand this time around anyway. Five is the maximum number of submissions permitted and my handful are shown below, above the break. The drawing is by Jonny Hawkins.

"That's not the kind of facial tic I treat."
"So, what's eating you?"
"You just made my dieting easier. I'm done with food for the day."
"So after doing some online research you applied peanut butter over your trigeminal nerve pain and went to sleep. Then what happened?"
"You got rid of the douloureux but not the tic."
* * *
"My high school biology teacher! Where did they dig you up?"





September 10, 2023 Update:  The Winner












04431

No comments:

Post a Comment