Saturday, September 2, 2023

Mischa Richter: Dismissed?

Mischa Richter's original New Yorker drawing from the issue of February 23, 1987 has the kind of wordplay that hasn't held up very well over time. Maybe it wasn't that funny to begin with. The original artwork was sold on eBay in May. It went for less than $80.

"Sir, I've been debriefed, deprogrammed, and debugged. May I go home now?"
Mischa Richter
Original art
The New Yorker,
 February 23, 1987, p. 34


Mischa Richter
eBay listing ended May 22, 2023




Mischa Richter
eBay bid history
The last bid gets it.




"Sir, I've been debriefed, deprogrammed, and debugged. May I go home now?"
Mischa Richter
Original art
The New Yorker,
 February 23, 1987, p. 34


Cartoons by Mischa Richter and Charles Saxon


Note:  Original New Yorker art by Mischa Richter is just the sort of thing I like to post here. Feel free to submit whatever such original work you have. Then I'll debrief, deprogram, and debug you.

Of course, original art by someone like Charles Saxon could also prove harmonious.
"Beethoven hasn't changed, and neither have I."
Charles Saxon
The New Yorker, February 23, 1987, p. 35




04430

No comments:

Post a Comment