Monday, August 7, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #860

Life's a beach in The New Yorker  Cartoon Caption Contest #860 from the issue of August 7, 2023. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Ed Himelblau.

"At least we scavenge with moderation."





These captions spent a little too much time in the sun:

"Oh, yeah. Can I get you anything?"
"There goes the neighborhood."
"That's why I like you. You're a bird with class."
"Are these jokers any relation to you?"
"I used to be like that until I saw 'Ratatouille.'"
"I knew we sat too close to the food."
"Promise me we'll never be like that."



August 18, 2023 Update:  The Finalists




August 21, 2023 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Burlington.


August 28, 2023 Update:
  The Winner






04404 

No comments:

Post a Comment